Basil-Garlic Porterhouse Pork Chops
Bring zesty Italian flavor to your next cookout with a 30-minute marinade that’s sure to satisfy. Simply marinate, sizzle and indulge in grilled porterhouse pork chops.
- 4 Chairman’s Reserve® Prime porterhouse (bone-in loin) pork chops, 3/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried basil or 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1. Mix together all ingredients except pork in a shallow baking dish. Add chops and spread both sides with basil mixture. Let stand 15 to 30 minutes in baking dish.
- 2. Meanwhile, prepare a grill to medium-high heat (about 450°F), oiling it with a brush or paper towel. Grill chops over direct heat until the internal temperature reaches between 145°F (medium-rare) and 160°F (medium), on a meat thermometer, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove chops from the grill and let rest for 3 minutes.
- Serves 4
- Recipe and Photo courtesy of The Pork Checkoff