Slow Cooker Pork Roast With Apples and Onions
- 3-5 lb Chairman’s Reserve® Prime boneless pork loin roast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or butter
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 pink lady or Gala apples, cored and cut into 8 wedges
- 2 yellow onions, sliced
- 1 small head purple cabbage, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock, or apple juice
- 2 tablespoons honey, or brown sugar
- 1. Melt oil or butter in a large sauté pan (or use your slow cooker if it’s safe to sauté with) over medium-high heat. Season pork with salt and pepper and sauté on each side for a total of 4 minutes. Set aside.
- 2. Place the remaining ingredients in a slow cooker and top with pork.
- 3. Cook the pork for 5 to 6 hours on LOW (about 1 1/4 hours per pound) until pork is cooked through and the fruit and vegetables are fork tender. The National Pork Board recommends cooking pork chops, loin roasts and tenderloin to an internal temperature between 145°F (medium-rare) and 160°F (medium), followed by a three-minute rest.
- Recipe courtesy of Weelicious